Comment on page
The simplified lifecycle of an xCall message, only including what is relevant to most dApp developers, is as follows:
- 1.EOA initiates a cross-chain call by invoking the
sendCallMessagemethod on the source chain's xCall contract.
- 2.Once the call is relayed to the destination chain, a
CallMessageevent is triggered on the destination chain's xCall contract.
- 3.EOA then respond to this event by invoking the
executeCallmethod in the xCall Smart Contract on the destination chain.
- 4.The execution of this method triggers the target dApp's smart contract method.
- 5.If the call executes successfully, a
- 6.If an error occurs during execution, and rollback data was included in the original call, an error handling process is initiated, sending a
ResponseMessageEvent back to the source chain for state rollback operations. For more information, see Troubleshooting.